Last week, we started to cover the ways in which your brand can build brand awareness. You can see that blog here. Now we’re back with more valuable tips for making your brand visible to all the right people.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimisation is essential to being found online. A large majority of people turn to the internet for answers to their problems, and when your content is optimised with the keyword they’re using to search, you stand a better chance of appearing high in search results (and getting the click). You can learn to do this on your own or hire an SEO professional.
- Partner Up: Finding just the right brand to partner up with can be tricky. It cannot be a competitor. It cannot be a brand that is so far-removed from your brand that no similarity can be found—the products and/or services should be complementary. It should be a market influencer that has a network you’re interested in for your own brand. And, benefit must be felt by the other brand, too. An “I’ll scratch your back, you scratch mine” attitude and list-sharing are at the heart of deals like this.
- Merchandise Giveaways: When your logo is on the pens people use every day, when it’s seen on t-shirts, when it’s on bumper stickers…people are more likely to remember it. Plus, the people who receive your free products are more likely to return to your brand.
- Free Initial Services: You may want to consider giving away a free service or offering membership with a free basic service for the purpose of upgrading later, allowing people to experience your brand…or most importantly, for encouraging people who sign up to share the free offer with their friends and families. This gets people talking and wanting to take advantage of something great.
- Rewards Programme: One of the best ways to advertise is through Word of Mouth; and one of the best ways to generate Word of Mouth advertising is to reward those who refer others. This doesn’t have to be in the form of money, product or service. It can be less tangible, but just as valuable, with something like recognition on social media or a special VIP experience.
- PPC: Pay Per Click advertising is an online service that encourages clicks to your website—and you only pay when those clicks happen. Your web link will appear high on the first search results page, amidst other PPC campaigns. This puts your brand name in front of people who are searching for services like yours—and even if they don’t click, they are exposed to your brand name.
- Social Media Ads: This can be an affordable way to put your brand in front of the people who are interested in products and services like yours. You are given the opportunity to choose demographics and ad details, and are then provided with results when the campaign expires. Again, even if someone does not click on the link, your target audience is exposed to your brand name.
- Sponsor Something: Many events will ask for sponsors and then advertise your logo in their brochures, banners, flyers, etc. This is a good way to put your brand name in front of people who may not otherwise be exposed to it.
- Advertise in One Unexpected Place: Consumers tend to become numb to marketing that is expected (auto parts at a drag race, beauty supplies in a drug store circular), but when they see a web host advertised in a direct mailer, for instance, they may be caught off-guard enough to read the ad and digest the brand logo. Consider this when constructing your marketing strategy.
Have more questions about building brand awareness through higher brand visibility? Of course you do. This area is rich with information and there are plenty of decisions to be made—and plenty of mistakes to avoid, too.
Dodge common pitfalls and maximise effectiveness in just a short amount of time by attending our B.R.A.N.D. Building Bootcamp, a full-day, fully immersive branding experience designed by our branding experts to help you to become more credible, visible and profitable. Enrol here, before all seats are filled for your preferred event.