Content is King. You’ve heard it a thousand times. However, you’re feeling that this is one of those areas in which the premise is ‘easier said than done.’ Building your corporate brand relies heavily on the quality and quantity of content you provide to your audience, but how to get started? What to do? What to write?
I’m so glad you’ve asked.
Stick around whilst we talk about all the right steps for building a corporate brand with content.
Content for Building a Corporate Brand – A Checklist
The task of writing online content for your corporate brand may seem insurmountable. For those of you who do not wish to handle it on your own, you may want to consider hiring a copywriter (something that How to Build a Brand can help you with). For the rest of you, we have distilled the process into some easy-to-follow steps – which should work well to make the process simpler and more manageable:
- In order for your webpages and blog articles to reach your ideal clients, they must be indexed by search engines. This will happen if you utilise all the right SEO practices. Employ the keywords and keyword phrases that your audience is using to search for corporate brands like yours. Use them in tags, titles, and naturally within the text.
- Choose topics that are getting the most attention from your target audience right now. You can determine what those topics are by conducting research on social media or through the Google Adwords keyword tool, for instance.
- Draw up an outline (or at the very least, a list) of the major points you want to drive home in your first article. Commit to staying focussed on those points, roll up your sleeves, and get ready to write.
- Unless your target audience is highly intellectual, avoid using long sentences, obscure words, and large paragraphs.
- Include approximately three outbound links in every article or webpage. This will not only build your page’s credibility with search engines, it will build your expert status with ideal clients.
- People are more likely to read an article to the end if the text is broken into segments with subheads, images, and bullet points.
- Proofread your work (or hire someone to do it for you). Your attention to detail will reflect well on the quality of your corporate brand.
- Include sharing buttons on every page to make it easy for intrigued readers to share your content with their friends and contacts.
- Share a link to your new content on your corporate brand social media channels. Encourage conversation and respond promptly to comments. Also consider sharing older articles when current events make them relevant again – this will not only boost engagement, it will prove your expert status, retroactively.
Writing relevant, interesting, and useful content with your ideal client in mind establishes you as an expert in your field, works to build trust, and boosts corporate brand awareness. Plus, the more fresh content you add, the more attractive your entire site becomes to search engines – meaning that your website will be more available to those searching for a corporate brand like yours.
Have questions or comments about writing content to build a corporate brand? The branding experts at How to Build a Brand would be thrilled at the opportunity to answer those questions or to talk about building your own corporate brand. Simply email us at [email protected] or call +44 (0) 208 123 6776.