Want to build a brand? Of course you do. If you have a brand, chances are that bolstering it will help to achieve all that you want out of life – personally and professionally.
Today, I’m going to talk about how giving recognition to other brands, as well as doing what it takes to get recognition for your own brand, can go a long way to build your brand.
Give Recognition to Build a Brand
Who doesn’t enjoy recognition? And furthermore, who doesn’t feel a sense of reciprocity (or indebtedness) when they receive it? Let’s talk about how you, in the name of your brand, should give recognition where it’s deserved…and how that simple concept can build any brand – in particular, your brand.
To build your brand by giving recognition to others,
- Provide positive testimonials, give recommendations, and make referrals whenever you are impressed by another brand. Testimonials can be in written form, or for a more profound impact, in video form.
- Don’t limit yourself to giving recognition to those brands who know you personally, or to those brands who already have a connection with you. Instead, use testimonials, etc. as springboards to making quality connections.
- Make giving recognition a regular part of your daily or weekly routine.
- Tag those who deserve recognition in your photos and status updates.
When you give recognition where recognition is due, you will accomplish a number of things. You will boost your own reputation as a person who knows what’s good and rewards it, increase your brand visibility, build trust, cause people to share you with their own networks, and promote the return of the favour. Make giving recognition a regular part of your business processes, and you’re very likely to see reciprocal effects, in the forms of referrals, testimonials, and network-building – and as we all know, these are premiere ways to build a strong brand.
Receive Recognition to Build a Brand
Now, let’s look at the other side of recognition – receiving it. The best way to receive recognition can be summed up in two words: customer service. Keep these things in mind whenever dealing with, or responding to, consumers:
- Respond as quickly as possible to enquiries; ideally within two to three hours.
- If you’re not able to respond quickly, with consistency, set up an auto-responder that assures people you’ll be in touch in the very near future. Even better is a video auto-responder, so that enquirers may see your face and hear your voice. This will work to keep them from moving down the list and contacting your competition. In the auto-responder message, be sure to mention that you’re busy doing whatever it is that makes your brand special (probably the same thing they’re enquiring about).
When you make a good impression with fast, knowledgeable, and friendly customer service, you will be recognised – just as you recognise those who impress you. Build your brand with recognition and you’ll build a brand that lasts. For more, email us on [email protected] or message How to Build a Brand on Facebook.