You're looking for a simple, convenient way to connect with your audience. And, now that your audience is expanding and you're looking forward to more long-distance customer relationships, you need an easy method for engaging, communicating and building your brand.
I know just how you feel…and I have just the thing for you.
If you've been around How to Build a Brand for more than a few minutes, it has become quite obvious that I rely on live streaming video to communicate with my audience. In the not-so-distant past, I used Skype and Zoom to connect via video calling; however, that method has nothing on what Facebook Live has done for my business. Now, I can communicate and engage with an unlimited number of viewers and make the video available for playback.
Live streaming has become one of the most significant brand-builders for my business, and I'm going to share with you the reasons why you should be using it, too.
How your Brand will Benefit from Live Streaming
You may have already discovered the benefits of using video to promote your brand. Live streaming video offers many of those same benefits; however, it offers them on a higher level and adds a number of advantages that no other long-distance, globally available method can deliver.
Here are just a few of those advantages:
- The Human Factor: When a video is pre-recorded and then published, there is an assumption (by your audience) that it was only made available after reshoots and edits. There is a perception of counterfeit perfection, which detracts from your brand's personal, approachable nature. If you are going to prerecord, leave some of the bloopers in there. Or, live stream that video, with a goal of letting go of your need for perfection and instead embracing the increased number of people who will want to connect with you because you are real.
- Genuine Anticipation: There's something far more appealing about 'join me at 2 pm for my live webcast' than 'look for the publication of my prerecorded video at 3 pm.' There's an authenticity—a genuine build-up of excitement—for a live event, and when you live stream your videos, you're giving your audience just that.
- Increased Engagement: One of the reasons we use social media to connect and communicate is to increase engagement (productive conversations between our brands and our ideal customers). I can't think of a better way to engage your audience than with live video that gives them the opportunity to react, ask questions, leave comments, interact with others who are watching and more. There's nothing available that's comparable to this feature…unless you count a live speaking event, for which you are unlikely to get as many audience members, from as far around the world. In fact, I would go so far as to say that live streaming video bridges the gap between virtual and actual reality.
- Time and Money Savings: …or, in other words, a sky-high ROI (Return On Investment). How much does it cost to stream live on Facebook? How much money do you have to spend on travel and hotel when you live stream to your audience? How much fuel do you use travelling to your computer or picking up your phone for every broadcast? The answer to all of these questions is ZERO, and I can't think of another communication and engagement tool that can say that.
- Reduced Environmental Impact: When you live stream to connect with your audience, you're not burning fuel for travel or using electricity at a speaking venue. This may be an issue that's close to your heart, and it may appeal to your audience if one of their values is being environmentally conscious.
- The Ability to Play it Back: With live streamed video, you get the best of all video worlds. Those who can make it to the live broadcast get engagement and enquiry benefits; whilst others don't have to miss your message just because they had to work or sleep. This is also an efficient way to operate: Engage, connect and record all at once.
These points are all the major benefits I have experienced in my brand, just by implementing live streaming video into my branding strategy. And you can enjoy them, too. There's no better way to get started than to get started. Don't strive for perfection—just strive for communication. Click that LIVE button and get connecting!
Are you struggling with deciding on the message you should be conveying to your audience? Or are you getting the feeling that the message you've been sending is the wrong one? Or would you just like to perform an audit to determine if you're on the right track? Then you need to check out the Master Your Message™ 8-step system and 5-day retreat. Learn more here.
Curious about how important live streaming has been to my success? Check out what Bob Doyle, feature teacher of The Secret has to say: