Video will prove essential as you build your brand. If you’re just starting out, hitting record may be the most challenging thing you’re currently facing; however, there will be a task that proves far more crucial: Choosing the best video search engines for promoting your brand.
In 2016, YouTube reported that video consumption rises 100% every year. That tells us not only that your customers are likely to want video from you, but that there’s going to be progressively more video uploaded by your competition. Your video must be found not only by the people who need your brand most, but by the people who will have the most influence in promoting your brand.
So what can you do to make sure you have an iron in this raging fire?
I have the answers for you here, and they’re exactly what many of you brand builders have been asking for.
The Best Video Search Sites for Promoting your Brand
Because video is such a big part of online marketing (and marketing in general) these days, promoting your videos does equate to promoting and building your brand.
With that said, know that you can use video to serve, inform and entertain (as a path to sales), but that’s not all: you can also use properly-optimised videos to help people find your brand. You see, the most popular video sites are also search engines of their own, so when you upload videos and provide the information they’re asking for, you are optimising those videos to be found by people looking for a brand like yours (using keywords to explain their problem, their pain, and/or the solution or benefits they’re looking for).
You all know about YouTube; however, what you may not realise is that YouTube is just one of the best video search engines/sites. Here are some others to add to your list, in no particular order:
- Google Video
- Bing Videos
Am I promoting these sites as the only and best video search engines around? As far as usability and navigation go? No. What I am telling you is that these are the most popular sites among internet users—and therefore offer the best chances of connecting you with your ideal customers.
Optimise with the Best Video Search Engines
And, now for the nitty-gritty: How to get your videos the attention they deserve (and that they’ll need to build your brand). Here are some of my top tips:
- Choose 3-5 of the best video search sites for your brand. Every one of the best video search engines has something unique about it (e.g. Twitch is for gamers), and therefore something unique to offer to your brand. Take a good look at all your options (read about them, look at their content, look at the profiles of their followers) and determine which ones are most likely to attract your ideal customers.
- Uploading the video is just the start of video marketing. First, make sure the content in your video is engaging and relevant to your target audience. Then, make sure they can find it. Your video’s title tag, description, category listing, tags, captions and subtitles should all contain the keyword or keyword phrase you’re choosing to use for optimising your video (i.e. the keyword or phrase that people who are looking for a video like yours are most likely to use when searching the internet or video search engine).
- Make the path to your website, landing page or other important spot simple. If people like what they see and/or hear on your video, they’ll want to learn more. Place a clickable link prominently, early in the text of your description, in order to boost traffic and escort them along your sales funnel. This will also appeal to Google, as more backlinks to your website are better for your search engine rankings.
- Market podcasts as videos, too. When you make your podcasts, record them as video first. Then output a sound file (podcast) AND output the video, so that you can create a buzz around one piece of content across at least ten different channels. For example, one podcast video could be promoted on three+ of the best video search engines for your brand, whilst also appearing on three+ of the best audio channels (Audible, SoundCloud, The Q&A, iTunes, etc.). Add to that your option to transcribe the podcasts and turn them into downloads, workbooks, course materials, blogs, etc….and you’ve maximised your content.
- Measure and monitor. They key to the success of any marketing campaign is the measuring of its progress, the monitoring of its performance as compared to others, and the implementation of those things that make the biggest impact. Make the time to do this, using the analytics provided to you by the video search engines you choose. Trust me: your bottom line with thank you.
I hope this list of the best video search sites and tips for promoting your videos on them helps you to build a brand in 2017 and beyond. Of course, I am always available to answer your questions and to help you navigate the next steps in your branding journey. Simply contact me here. And don’t forget to connect with me on Twitter at @sammyblindell, and with lots of other motivated, inspiring brand builders in our How to Build a Brand Facebook group. Happy branding to you!