Recently, we’ve been asked, Is video marketing important in building a brand? We could just answer with a simple Yes, but would rather give you some real information to dig your teeth into…so that you can get behind the online video movement and really believe in it for the growth of your brand.
There’s a reason that YouTube is the world’s second-largest search engine. Forget the fact that Google owns YouTube, and that uploading and optimising video on YouTube is becoming virtually essential to establishing an internet search presence…and just focus for a moment on the fact that people love video.
- Today’s consumer is busy. She wants to absorb as much information as possible in as little time as possible.
- Today’s consumer is a digital learner. He wants to see, hear and have the ability to control the pace at which he does it.
- Today’s consumers want to share. They want to share video with their connections because they know it’s the top-choice method for absorbing information, making decisions and spreading the good news…and that their connections will appreciate it as much as they do.
These are things we have absorbed from marketing observation. Now for some real numbers…
Video Marketing: The Truth in Numbers
We all know that video is preferred by internet users and online consumers. However, few business owners have grasped the full weight of just how significant video has become. Consider just a few recent statistics, gathered by internet marketing experts:
- The number of consumers who would rather watch a video about a product is four times greater than those who would rather read about it. What this means for your brand: If you present your product in written content and images only, the majority of people will never read it. Present it in video (either alone or in addition to the written content), and 400% more people will take the time to learn about your product or service.
- Does your brand have competition? Do you find that your ideal customers comparison shop when making purchasing decisions? If so, then video cannot be skipped. 74% of millennial shoppers have found that video is helpful when comparing one product to another…and if your product doesn’t have video, guess what? That 74% won’t even be viewing it to make comparisons.
- Want to increase your email campaign click rate by as much as 300%? Then include video.
- If you’re hoping to boost brand awareness through likes, shares and comments on social media, then you must use video. Consider that video on social media generates 12 times more shares than images and text combined, and using video in social media updates and posts becomes a necessity.
- Are your ideal customers using their mobile devices to shop and buy? If so, then skipping video could mean you’re missing out on sales. 40% of mobile device users say that video will increase the likelihood that they’ll make a purchase.
- Think your landing page doesn’t need video? What if I told you that having a video on your landing page will increase conversion by 80%? That’s almost double. That’s 9 instead of 5 next month. That’s 108 instead of 60 next year.
- Website traffic is important, right? Google thinks so, and so do your ideal customers. It’s so important that organic traffic is increased by more than 1.5 times when video is used on your website.
- Want to hear from real-life B2B marketers? Well, they have spoken, and 73% of them say that video has boosted the results of their marketing efforts. And if it’s worked for them…
Where are you on the video marketing spectrum? Are you worried about getting in front of the camera? Are you concerned about quality? Or maybe about how to publish that video once it’s been recorded? We have some great advice available for beginners through seasoned videographers. Start by watching this video:
And then, when you’re ready to absorb more information about branding and marketing, look into our new course on udemy, the B.R.A.N.D. Kick Starter Online Masterclass, where you can absorb invaluable information at your own pace, one short video at a time.