social-media

You want your brand to be successful. You want it to support the life of your dreams—both while you’re operating it and after you sell it.

Too often, brand managers fail to do what’s best for their brands. They inadvertently make decisions that tear down, rather than build, their brands. Social media is one area in which this is true.

We are human, after all. We get side-tracked by things like getting more likes (even if those likes don’t come from our target audience), responding inappropriately to negative comments, and attempting to impress one segment (whilst veering away from the core brand message).

social-media

If your brand could talk, what would it tell you about how you’re building it? If it could run your social media accounts, what would it do differently?

Let’s spend a few minutes listening to your brand, so you can learn how to foster your greatest success with the help of social media.

What your Brand is saying about your Social Media Strategy

  • Post Regularly: Your brand suggests posting at least once per day. This keeps it top-of-mind for those who matter the most to its success. This also demonstrates good organisation skills, consistency, and commitment—all qualities that will improve perceptions of your brand.
  • Adhere to the Brand Identity: You have (or should have) designed your visual brand to include specific colours, shapes, fonts, and lines. These should all be incorporated into the visuals on your social media pages. This includes your profile photo, cover photo, and posts.
  • Feed their Interests: If you have conducted ample target audience research, you will have a good handle on their interests. Use this knowledge to fill your social media pages with things that will appeal to them—outside the parameters of your brand. This will prove that you “know” them, and they will be more likely to trust your brand.
  • Focus on Quality over Quantity: Most people won’t remember all the things they “liked” in a day. However, they will remember posts that moved them to comment…which then led to an engaging conversation. Your brand begs you to know its audience—well. Post things that will speak to the emotions and sensibilities of your ideal clients. Respond to their comments. Encourage further comments from them. A willingness to engage is at the root of brand loyalty.
  • Involve the People: Have a new product to name? Thinking of designing t-shirts? Or updating your visuals? Involve your social media audience, and they will feel invested in your brand and its success.
  • Use Negative Comments to your Advantage: When someone expresses dissatisfaction, take the opportunity to apologise, offer a fix, and follow up. This gives your brand the opportunity to demonstrate its client focus and to improve upon its products, services, and/or operations.
  • Post more Images: According to Socialbakers, a collection of the most engaging Facebook posts is made up of 93% images. Videos, updates, and shared links make up the other 7%. Humans are visual learners. Images are comprehended more quickly, easily, and with more impact than words—and in the realm of social media, these are key to success.
  • Be Responsive: Your band urges you to respond to every comment, tag the commenter if possible, and do it regularly. Without this practice, chances of engagement are greatly reduced.
  • Capitalise on Events: Whether it’s Christmas or a major sporting event, create a parallel with your brand and promote your own contest, event, or promotion. This association will endear your brand to people who share a love for the event, and this will help you to tap into more of your target audience.
  • Focus on Free Information: No one will fall in love with a social media page that sells 100% of the time. As a rule, try to offer about 70% informative content that interests your ideal client, 20% shared content from other pages, and about 10% sales and promotion.

Social media is the networking platform of the 21st Century. It’s also where people go to spread the word about the brands they love. Start by choosing the social media sites where your ideal clients are hanging out. Then, incorporate the above advice to build a following that will support your goals for your brand.

Success without social media and branding? That’s impractical, if not virtually impossible, in today’s markets. Interested in learning more about how you can harness the power of social media for branding success? Then plan on attending our next B.R.A.N.D. Building Bootcamp, where you’ll learn about the most effective (and least expensive) ways to make your brand more visible. Enrol here and now.

About The Author

0 Comments

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2021 How to Build a Brand Limited. All Rights Reserved. Developed by How To Build A Brand Limited.

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?